Enjoy the recipe!
- 1 bar of soap, grated (I used a honey and oatmeal bar purchased from my local co-op)
- 1 gallon of warm water
- 1/2 cup Natural Borax
- 1/2 cup Arm & Hammer Natural Washing Soda
- 1 gallon of cold water
- 1 Household kitchen grater
- 1 funnel
- 2 empty gallon jugs
- Using a household kitchen grater, grate the entire bar of soap.
- Place the grated soap and one gallon of warm water into a large pot (big enough to hold two gallons.)
- Heat the soap and water mixture over medium-high heat, until the soap is dissolved (3-5 minutes). Do not boil.
- Add a 1/2 cup of Natural Borax and a 1/2 cup of Arm & Hammer Natural Washing Soda.
- Heat the mixture over high heat, until it boils. Once it starts to boil, the mixture should become a bit thicker and enough to leave a thick coat on a spoon.
- Remove mixture from heat and add one gallon of cold water.
- Let the mixture cool for 15 minutes.
- Using a funnel, pour the liquid detergent into 2 empty gallon jugs.